Who We Are?
Take a moment to get to know us.
Karen and Carmel
Funeral Directors Association of New Zealand (FDANZ).
SWFS is a member of the Funeral Directors Association of New Zealand (FDANZ). The choice to join and be accepted into FDANZ means a commitment by members to provide a thoroughly professional and high quality service. Members are regularly monitored by the Association. The Associations Code of Ethics require your FDANZ funeral director to respect your right of personal choice and decision making. We as funeral directors are dedicated to helping you throughout this process by working with you.This is a question so many families say to us, so we would like to take this opportunity to provide you with some information as to the process following the passing of a loved one.
As a Funeral Director we are an integral part of the process and it begins from the first point of contact with you, that first phone call, to then meeting with you and your family and supporting you right through to after the funeral service.
Our role is
* to attend to the family and receive instructions
* to advise and guide you
* liaising with the doctor, hospital and coroner as necessary
* to the preparation and embalming and presentation for viewing
* provision of a suitable casket and dressing
* to arranging for family flowers
* attending to the drafting and insertion of newspaper notices
* ensuring cultural and / or ethnic customs are observes
* to liaising with the celebrant, priest or minister
* arranging and preparation of an order of service
* conveyancing of your loved one
* to facilitating viewings
* directing of the funeral
* provision of a video recording and live streaming if required
* after or before the service to either a private/family cremation at the crematorium or to the chosen cemetery for burial and attending to committal service
* to obtain all information required for and to register a death with the authorities
* to attend to all arrangements, provision of copies of certified Death Certificates for the Estate
* attending to the payment of expenses incurred noted above, including cremation or burial and associated fees.